As January came to an end we figured we'd better get some Valentines Decorations up. We made hearts out of wax paper and Crayons. The girls were very helpful not to mention excited!!
I remember being a little girl and Making little things like this with my mom. I loved and do love every holiday. I especially love how as a parent I get to experience the holidays through my children's eyes.
We had fun. As of late it feels that so much of what I do is the grunt work. Cleaning, stopping fights, feeding, more cleaning, cooking, dressing everyone, doing their hair, and more cleaning. Needless to say it starts feeling a bit overwhelming and mundane. I have decided to take a different perspective on all of that though. Over the last few weeks I have been following a blog about a family and their amazing miracle. I related so much to this mom as she has four boys and is trying to fit it all in. She got distracted and her youngest son Drowned in the tub. You'll have to go read her story but as I read her story I couldn't help but think of all the ways that I get distracted from what is really important.
I feel that there are so many things that could occupy my time but it's up to me to choose what is most important. I love my Girls! They bring me some of my greatest joys. I am glad I have them. I know that if anything ever happened to them I would crumble. So my perspective that I hope to have is this...... I am grateful for smudges on the walls because that means I still have little ones(I know they will grow up way too fast.)
I feel that there are so many things that could occupy my time but it's up to me to choose what is most important. I love my Girls! They bring me some of my greatest joys. I am glad I have them. I know that if anything ever happened to them I would crumble. So my perspective that I hope to have is this...... I am grateful for smudges on the walls because that means I still have little ones(I know they will grow up way too fast.)
I am so grateful to have laundry to wash. I am grateful I have little mouths around to feed. I am grateful for crying because that means some little person wants me to hold them.
I know that everything in life is about perspective. I know that as we look for reasons to be grateful our perspective changes.
And as I wrapped up my craft with my girls I am reminded to take these moments. To just enjoy life and focus on what's most important.

4 comments:
I'm glad to see you back in the blogging world :-) That's such a cute craft idea! Did you get my message on FB? I'd love to see you!
I love your insights and thoughts. we need to start a play group again and do these fun things.
I TOTALLY remember doing this!! I loved it, I wish I would've remembered sooner so that we could have done it for v-tine's day, but maybe we can do some shamrocks for St. Patricks day!!! I miss you! I am still considering maybe having you come do a party for me, just had some family stuff come up lately, you know how that goes!
Cute craft Rach! You are so good to do activities like this with your little girls! Miss you.
Post a Comment